[Grant Proposal] 0X DAO Monthly Financial Reporting

Name : Asymmetric Defi

Detailed Description of Grant Request :
Provide Monthly Reports about the Financial State of the 0X DAO. The reports would include : Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Competition Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

How will your project benefit the 0X Ecosystem?
Inform the community about what’s going on with the DAO financially and how it is impacted by crypto trends & news.

How much are you requesting for the grant?
12k USD (Paid in ZRX or Stables) for 12 Monthly Reports (1k USD per Monthly Report)

Requested Budget Breakdown
1k/Month as Compensation for my time & efforts and to pay for any potential subscriptions (Token Terminal costs 350 USD/Month & Dune’s most popular plan costs 420 USD/Month for example).

Other Information :
The reports would be similar to what I produce for Uniswap.

Asymmetric Defi is both Uniswap & Aave Grantee

1 Like

Hey @adalhi , thanks for your interest in creating monthly reports to help the community better understand what’s going on with the DAO.

ICYMI, Messari posted a grant proposal to fund a quarterly report a few months ago - tldr from community feedback was the feeling that a lot of what their report would cover would be duplicative of the work put out by 0x Labs and clarification around the report’s distribution.

Based on how that previous community conversation went, I was wondering if you could elaborate more on

• (1) what competition and macro trend analysis for 0x DAO would mean - I was looking through your Uniswap report (ty for linking that btw) and it seemed a lot more focused on the protocol’s trading volume and trends which is a bit different from a report on a DAO’s financial state.
  • (2) anything you could share on what your report’s distribution looks like (e.g. types of audience, stats on impressions etc.)
1 Like

Hey eric
Competition analysis for 0X would be comparison with other aggregators like 1Inch, Paraswap … Trends Analysis would be :

• Macro : Impact of crypto trends & environment on 0X performance (volumes mainly)
  • Micro : Volume trends, fees trends …

The Uniswap protocol doesn’t have any fees flowing to the protocol currently and there were no expenses executed by governance for Nov hence the analysis was focused more on volumes sources analysis (Top Tier Assets …).

Treasury Analysis will be added as well !

The Audience for the 0X DAO Monthly Financial Reports would be the 0X DAO community. The reports would have two versions : Short pdf version and a substack long version. Both versions will be shared here on the forum and on twitter (potentially retweeted by the 0X twitter account manager to reach more community members).

These reports focus is not distribution but rather to inform the community about what is happening with the DAO on a monthly basis, in terms of volumes, volumes sources, treasury …

Yes the numbers regarding liquidity sources, trading volumes … will be similar to what’s shown in the 0X Explorer. The addition here would be the commentary of the results.
But what’s shown in the Explorer would be only a part of the reports ! I intend on adding treasury analysis, Revenues & Expenses Analysis, Competition Analysis …

Hey Eric
I think my previous reply was hidden by the system. Anyway here it is again.

The objective is to have a report that aggregates everything the community needs to know about the DAO. They don’t need to go looking into multiple dashboards, following the forum on a daily basis to stay up to date. The reports would be produced on a monthly basis and they would be the go to for anyone that needs to know what’s going on with the DAO similar to financial reports in the real world.

The reports would include DAO revenues, expenses, fees generated, treasury analysis, how is 0X doing compared to competitors like 1Inch, ParaSwap … Some of these figures will be redundant to what’s produced by the 0X Explorer of course. The objective is to aggregate everything, comment the figures and link them to relevant news in the crypto industry.

The objective of these reports is not distribution (Messari’s reports are for both Investor Information & Distribution). They will be produced for the 0X Community and shared on the forum under a “Finance” category each month.

1 Like

Hey @adalhi , thanks for the reply and reposting (not sure why the system hid your previous response).

I think summarizing everything that community members need to know into one place is very useful but if I’m completely honest, I’m not sure if there’s a level of community activity going on right now that requires a regular report. From my POV, I’d table this until there is more going on within the DAO, at which point I think it’d be great for someone like yourself to help the community distill the key news into one place.

Curious what others think though!

2 Likes

I agree with @ericwong the amount of activity the DAO has at the moment maybe not worth a dedicated report. All data dedicated to DAO treasure could be inspected here: 0x: Powering the decentralized exchange of tokens on Ethereum, however there still missing data to the treasure allocations there, which I think we can focus to fill it. Also most of the activity regarding grants is posted here: https://twitter.com/0xCommunityDAO as we can see it is not much more than grants for projects include 0x protocol in some way.

3 Likes

Hey JoaoCampos89
Thanks for your reply !

The goal of these reports is to provide an overview about the state of the DAO so that community members don’t need to go looking into multiple dashboards / forum posts to get information about what happended with 0X over a period of time.

All information a ZRX holder needs to know about the DAO would be in these monthly reports similar to how investors look into financial statements to get information about their equity holdings in traditional finance.

The reports would include protocol activity analysis, Governance activity analysis, treasury analysis … and any relevant metrics that the community wants added (if possible & relevant ofc).

1k USD per monthly report is not a high price tag that would impact the treasury heavily. But I agree with you, if the community don’t see a value add of these reports, then no need to waste the treasury …

1 Like

Project value and sentiment are at all time lows. Don’t waste the treasury on a report especially given the lack of overall DAO activity. I don’t need a report to tell me that we are doing poorly against competition. I can just look at the price of ZRX everyday to tell me that.

2 Likes