Project name: 0x Data Layer
Point of contact:
João Campos: Head Dev DexKIt, over 6 years experience on working on decentralized applications. We already developed Graphs for our products and developed products targeting 0x protocol.
Describe the problem being solved:
DexKit utilizes the 0x protocol as the primary protocol for its white-label products. To date, our system has successfully deployed over 363 apps, encompassing NFT marketplaces, swap platforms, and exchanges. While developing an open limit order exchange, we encountered certain limitations in acquiring data providers at reasonable pricing. Given that our user base primarily comprises small projects, it’s imperative that we offer them a competitive solution.
Our proposed solution entails the creation of a Graph-based data layer originating from the 0x protocol, which will be extended to all chains supported by the 0x protocol. Presently, a 0x subgraph exists exclusively for Ethereum hosted at GitHub - 0xProject/ep-subgraph, but our plan involves broadening this graph to accommodate NFT trading and expanding its coverage to encompass all other chains supported by The Graph Protocol.
Explain how the funding will be used:
The funding will be allocated for the development and deployment of subgraphs across all chains. Our roadmap consists of the following steps:
- Adapting the Graph to function seamlessly with all chains supported by the ZRX protocol and include NFT trades.
Development of React hooks to facilitate interaction with the graphs, including:
- useCollectionHistory: This allows the creation of tables displaying all trades that have occurred on the ZRX protocol for a specific NFT collection.
- useCollectionStats: This enables the generation of rows featuring collection-related analytics.
- useCoinPairHistory: This facilitates the creation of tables showcasing pair history, such as ETH-USDC.
- useCoinHistory: A simplified version of useCoinPairHistory, which always pairs with a stablecoin.
- useCoinStats: Providing global coin statistics over specified periods (e.g., 24 hours, 72 hours).
- useCoinPairStats: Offering global coin pair statistics over specified periods (e.g., 24 hours, 72 hours).
- The creation of example components within the open-nft-marketplace and dexkit-open-monorepo, showcasing the functionality of this package.
This roadmap outlines our strategic plan for utilizing the funding and advancing our project.
We plan to finish all this work in 6 to 9 months.
Indicate whether your solution/product will integrate directly with the 0x Protocol contracts (such as the 0x Exchange Proxy) or via APIs. If APIs, please list them (if known):
This solution will integrate with The Graph and 0x protocol directly.
List any critical milestones and dependencies (if applicable):
- Graph development to include NFT trading
- Deployment of Graphs across all chains
- Hooks development and npm publish
- Documentation for React components
All code will be open source and additionally integrated as section plugins on DexAppBuilder widget system.
Describe how the solution/product benefits the 0x Protocol Ecosystem:
Add an additional data API on top of the 0x protocol, along with additional tools for developers to work with the 0x protocol.
Do you agree to tag your solution/product for visibility in 0x Explorer:
What are the actual and/or target usage metrics (such as users and volume) for your solution/product:
We are providing a library for other projects to build analytical tools on top targeting 0x protocol and also our product. We will measure our success based on forks, stars and npm package installs.
We are requesting 70K for deployment and development of all subgraphs, hook library to interact with Graph, and maintenance for two years.
We seek improvements and feedback from community for next 2 weeks and we will move this to a snapshot vote.
As a delegate I will not vote on this proposal.